At the completion of this meeting, participants will be able to:
- Understand how to apply the most recent clinical practice guidelines about glycemic goals to safely improve inpatient management of hyperglycemia.
- Assess the utility of blood glucose monitoring,continuous glucose monitoring, insulin dose calculators, pens, pumps, and other technologies in the critical care and non-critical care units.
- Recognize the importance of hypoglycemia in hospitalized patients and learn ways to avoid it.
- Achieve better glycemic control in: the preoperative period A) the perioperative period; C) in the transition from critical care to non-critical care units;
- Identify the members of hospital glucose management teams and their roles.
- Understand how to treat diabetic ketoacidosis and hyperosmolar hyperglycemic state.
- Recognize cybersecurity threats that can impair hospital function.