Abstract Submission Guidelines
Submission Opens: November 8, 2021
Submit online to: http://www.diabetestechnology.org/hdm/abstract-submission-form.shtml
Submission deadline: February 25, 2022
Acceptance Notification: March 11, 2022
Virtual Poster Session: April 7, 2022
Abstract Topic Areas
Researchers are encouraged to submit an Abstract of their work on diabetes
technology, including but not limited to any of the major topics of the meeting:
- Glycemic Targets
- Strategies for Glycemic Control
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring in the Hospital
- Blood Glucose Testing in the Hospital
- Safe Insulin Therapy
- Insulin Pumps, Pens, and AID Systems in the Hospital
- Computerized Insulin Dosing
- Hypoglycemia in Hospitalized Patients
- COVID-19 and Diabetes in the Hospital
- Mobile Apps, Digital Health Tools, and Telehealth
- Quality of Care
- Transitional Care/Preventing Readmissions
- Glucose Management Teams
- Novel Therapeutics
• Material must not have been presented or published previously.
• The subject area selected will be varied so that a balanced program can be produced.
• All applications must be submitted using this online submission process.
Abstract Format and Required Information
Please use the sample abstract available here when preparing your submission.
Each Abstract should be no more than 275 words. The title does not count as part of the word total. The abstract must be organized into four distinct paragraphs:
Please capitalize the first letter of all key words in your title. Do not include supplemental pages, photographs, tables, or references. The abstract should be suitably written for publication in the official program. Since the abstract is frequently the only link between the Program Advisory Committee and the author, care in its preparation is essential.
We strongly suggest you format and save your abstract in an offline word processing program before pasting it into the online submission form. Please use only the Times New Roman font.
Corresponding Author and Co-Authors
In all cases, the first author listed is considered the corresponding author. All correspondence from Diabetes Technology Society regarding this submission will be directed to the corresponding Author. The lead author MUST fill in the FULL name, email address, and contact information for each author. All academic degrees must be included for every author. If an author holds NO degree, please specify NONE. Author and co-author names and academic degrees will be published in the official program.
NOTE: All fields are required for additional authors. Please do not use first author's email address for additional authors.
Before you submit your Abstract
We require you to have the following information prepared before you begin the abstract application process:
- Complete names, including ALL academic degrees, for each author. If none, specify NONE.
- Email addresses for all authors.
- Permanent mailing addresses for all authors.
- A spell-checked abstract that conforms to the sample available here.
Publication in PubMed-indexed peer-reviewed scientific e-journal
Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology.
Accepted abstracts will be published in a 2022 issue of Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology.
Click here to submit your abstract on the abstract submission form.