Abstract Submission Guidelines
Submission Opens: December 8, 2016
Submit online to: http://www.diabetestechnology.org/ihdm/abstract-submission-form.shtml
Submission deadline: February 24, 2017
Acceptance Notification: March 2017
Abstract Topic Areas
Researchers are encouraged to submit an Abstract of their work on diabetes
technology, including but not limited to any of the major topics of the meeting:
- Glycemic Targets
- Blood Glucose Testing in the Hospital
- Strategies for Glycemic Control
- Safe Insulin Therapy
- Hypoglycemia in Hospitalized Patients
- Continuous Glucose Monitoring in the Hospital
- Informatics and Glucometrics
- Computerized Insulin Dosing
- Insulin Pumps and Pens in the Hospital
- Quality of Care
- Transitional Care/Preventing Readmissions
- Glucose Management Teams
- Special Populations (e.g. Steroids, Transplant, Foot Disease, Tube Feeding, TPN, Surgery)
- Novel Therapeutics
• Material must not have been presented or published previously.
• The subject area selected will be varied so that a balanced program can be produced.
• All applications must be submitted using this online submission process.
Abstract Format and Required Information
Please use the sample abstract available here when preparing your submission.
Each Abstract should be no more than 275 words. The title does not count as part of the word total. The abstract must be organized into four distinct paragraphs:
Please capitalize the first letter of all key words in your title. Do not include supplemental pages, photographs, tables, or references. The abstract should be suitably written for publication in the official program. Since the abstract is frequently the only link between the Program Advisory Committee and the author, care in its preparation is essential.
We strongly suggest you format and save your abstract in an offline word processing program before pasting it into the online submission form. Please use only the Times New Roman font.
Corresponding Author and Co-Authors
You may identify up to ten authors for this application. In all cases, the first author listed is considered the corresponding author. All correspondence from Diabetes Technology Society regarding this submission will be directed to the corresponding Author. The lead author MUST fill in the FULL name, email address, and contact information for each author. All academic degrees must be included for every author. If an author holds NO degree, please specify NONE. Author and co-author names and academic degrees will be published in the official program.
NOTE: All fields are required for additional authors. Please do not use first author's email address for additional authors.
Before you submit your Abstract
We require you to have the following information prepared before you begin the abstract application process:
- Complete names, including ALL academic degrees, for each author. If none, specify NONE.
- Email addresses for all authors.
- Permanent mailing addresses for all authors.
- A spell-checked abstract that conforms to the sample available here.
You will receive confirmation via e-mail when your submission is received, but this is not confirmation that your presentation has been accepted. A unique tracking number will be provided for all submissions. Please use this number in all correspondence regarding your application. NOTE: IF YOU DO NOT RECEIVE A CONFIRMATION WITHIN 72 HOURS OF SUBMISSION, YOUR APPLICATION MAY NOT HAVE BEEN TRANSMITTED CORRECTLY.
Publication in PubMed-indexed peer-reviewed scientific e-journal
Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology.
Accepted abstracts will be published in a 2017 issue of Journal of Diabetes Science and Technology.
Click here to submit your abstract on the abstract submission form